Why is physical education important?
Physical education prepares children to be physically and mentally active, fit and healthy...for life. Here are some of the many benefits children receive from a quality PE program:
- Improved physical fitness
- Skill and motor skills development
- Provides regular, healthful physical activity
- Teaches self discipline
- Facilitates development of student responsibility for health and fitness
- Influence moral development, leadership, cooperate with others
- Stress reduction – an outlet for releasing tension and anxiety
- Strengthened peer relationships
- Physical education can improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Respect - PE helps you respect your body, classmates and teammates
- Experience in setting goals
- Improved academics - The big bonus benefit!